Sunday, December 15, 2013

We Are Back From the Great Beyond

It's been a dog's age dear readers, I know, and I do most sincerely apologize. The last eighteen months have been amazing, hectic, scary, stressful, blissful, terrible and every emotion that could possibly be described. Many of you, who have been with me from the beginning, will know of my health struggles for the last 8 years or so. Newcomers may not, but suffice it to say I have been to the brink of death and back, and am now, thankfully, almost fully recovered! I have opened my own low allergy, vegan bakery in my house, expanded to a brick and mortar store in nearby Kemptville, lost the lease on the kitchen in Kemptville, and gone back to my home to bake. I have worked countless hours from home, more in the store, and many at the farmers' market in Merrickville. I have started exercising again and love it. I still have not fit into the clothes I wore before I got sick, when I was super skinny, but I've had people tell me I looked like a skeleton then, so maybe that's not such a bad thing ;)  The point is, I'm healthy and starting to miss my online friends more than ever.

I had put down my jewellery in all of the commotion, but, I have to say, I missed it terribly. I know that since the economic crash of 2008 my jewellery may not be a viable source of income anymore, but I still love it. No matter now stressful my day, at the end of it, making a piece of jewellery is matched in its relaxing amazingness (yes, I made that up) only by baking something sinful. Sometimes money is not the reason for doing something, it is the doing something that is the reason (whoa, I sounded a little Yoda-like there, but I kinda like it).

After procrastinating, as I'm wont to do when I'm nervous of the unknown, I've started making jewellery again. I'm also slowly listing jewellery again, you can see it here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LittleStudioJewels

Only this time, dear readers, it isn't just me making the goodies you will be feasting your eyes upon. I now have another person on board to help out and I have to say I am so very, very excited...

Melanie Savoie, certified yoga teacher, friend and generally amazing woman, is collaborating on a new line of Mala jewellery, which we have brilliantly and oh-so-originally decided to name OhMala. It is a line of jewellery that is not just beautiful, but functional. It will help with meditation, and for those that believe in the healing powers of crystals, they might just help you with healing too. We list all of the properties in the listings to help you out. Prices vary, so there should be something for just about every budget. We have a few pieces listed, but we are making many more and hope to have more listed soon. Check them out here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LittleStudioJewels?section_id=14682563

I hope to have more than just jewellery photos and sales posts for you though (how boring, really! No one wants to be sold to all the time!)... I am hoping to put together a whole host of awesome posts that will delight and inspire, ooh and awe you. That's the hope, anyway. Time will tell if I can deliver, but I will try. Promise!

Thanks for reading this all the way to the bottom, I do hope we'll be seeing more of each other! Oh, and Arwen the Wonder Dog says Hi and Woof. She has been waiting to get back on the blog for ages, so I will try to indulge her also ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin