Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Feature: Banana Orange Apple

Blue Patchwork Twirly Sunfrock by BananaOrangeApple
This week's Friday Feature is Hannah of BananaOrangeApple on Etsy. She's from Canberra, Australia and makes the most playful, cute clothing you could ever imagine. Read on for more...
My name is Hannah and my shop is called BananaOrangeApple. It is www.etsy.com/shop/bananaorangeapple I sew sweet little dresses from recycled fabrics. I love taking something no-one else wants - an old pillowcase or some dressmaking scraps - and making something new that will bring joy.
Mum taught me to sew many years ago, and gave me a sewing machine for my wedding present. I kinda went into overdrive ten years ago when my daughter was born. 
As a high school teacher I sew as a way to relax after a busy day at school. But the things I love to sew don't fit on my darling daughter anymore, so I opened the shop to share them with the world.

Pastel Patchwork Twirly Dress by BananaOrangeApple
I love to do patchwork, and sold a beautiful patchwork quilt I named "Sawpit Creek" (you can see it here www.etsy.com/transaction/63829122). I am an "old school" quilter in that I like to reuse material rather than cutting up brand new stuff. I think of it as a way to make old fabric last a bit longer. I was also hopelessly addicted to cross stitch for years. 
They're not bestselling just yet, but I love the two patchwork twirly dresses I have made. So many different fabrics, each with its own story, and they look sooooo pretty. All 100% repurposed fabrics.www.etsy.com/listing/92113295/girls-patchwork-dress-patchwork-twirlywww.etsy.com/listing/89948290/upcycled-patchwork-twirly-dress-size-6-8

Say Hello to Hannah from BananaOrangeApple
Currently, My only shop is on Etsy:  www.etsy.com/shop/bananaorangeapple
I try to blog. My blog is bananaquilts.blogspot.com.au/ Also, you can find me on facebook:  www.facebook.com/bananaorangeapple1 and twitter too @banoranapple
Most of my fabrics come from the charity shops round here, so my products do support their good works. 
What a great story of a great woman and a great shop. Thank you Hannah! Please visit her shop for more adorable fabric goods here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bananaorangeapple They'd make great gifts for any occasion.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah is a teammate of mine on etsy. I love her sense of humor. Glad etsy brought us together from half way across the planet/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature -- Talented shop owner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meeting people for my features - it really is great to know that I'm "meeting" people from all over the world. I love the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview Hannah, lovely to "see" you and find out more about how you got started. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin