Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Squee: I'm a Fool for Puppies

Ada the Labrador Retriever, Found on Dailypuppy.com
I love puppies. I freely admit that when I see one, I go from quiet, reserved me, into full-blown squeaking, cooing, baby-talking messiness. And I'm okay with it. Love is a beautiful thing. Puppy love? Well, let's just say I can't get enough of them...
Those watery eyes, so innocent and full of life.
Those giant paws and ears, too big for them now, but will be quickly grown into.
The little squawk that becomes the bellowing bark.
The fuzz that turns into sleek fur that gets into every little nook and cranny.
The puppy antics that are annoying, but so funny you have to walk away quickly so they don't see you laughing so hard you want to pee your pants (evidence: Arwen as a puppy deciding to "play" with the 11 foot logs that line my gardens. At all of 25 pounds she was determined to drag one around the yard, snarling the whole time, and even tried to get one up the back stairs. She saw me laughing at that one - I fell over after the log tripped me and was laughing so hard I couldn't stand up for a good 5 minutes).
The initial dependency on you that turns into deep, unequivocal love on both sides of the equation. As Audrey Hepburn once said, "Who thinks you're as fantastic as your dog?".
What is wonderful is that as they get older, the love gets even deeper. Arwen is now 8-1/2 and other than my close family members, I don't think I've ever loved anyone or anything as much as her. She is my best friend, my buddy, by crack-head. She's my grown up puppy and will always be super-cute to me :)

4 comments:

  1. Who could resist such an adorable little face? Arwen does make a fabulous sidekick, doesn't she (Batman has Robin, Meghann has Arwen *grin* ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I'd never thought of it that way before, but it is totally true! Arwen is my faithful sidekick...I like it, it has a nice ring to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aint puppy love grand... wistful sighhhhh !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I wish I could take in a few more :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin