Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sterling Silver Wire-Wrapped Turquoise Pendant and Happy Mother's Day!



~Pendant Details on Top, Whole Necklace on Bottom Left, Clasp Detail on Bottom Right~
Before I get to the necklace, Happy Mother's Day! I hope you are all having a great day - you deserve it!
This necklace was a bit tricky at first, but once I got into the rhythm of it, it was an absolute blast to make. I took a Stabilized Turquoise pendant at about an inch long and wrapped it with over 7 feet of sterling silver wire to secure it in place and create the bail (the part that the pendant attaches to the chain with). I then took some beautiful sterling silver beads, silver plate beads, and Czech glass black beads and used the fine sterling silver wire to attach them to the front of the pendant. The entire piece is suspended from fine sterling silver chain with a sterling silver toggle clasp to finish it. I love this necklace - it feels very smooth against the skin and has a very earthy-oceanic feel to it...Like The Little Mermaid's necklace that she could wear from the ocean to the beach! This is one of those go-anywhere necklaces that could be worn with jeans while cleaning the house, or a very nice dress for an evening out.
Truly gorgeous, I even made earrings to match, but haven't taken pictures of them yet as my Fibromyalgia has been really bad these last few days. The earrings will be on the website soon, but this necklace is currently on the website for sale at: www.littlestudio.ca
I hope you like it!
Meghann

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin