Monday, May 12, 2008

Blue Swirl Sunburst Necklace



I love this necklace! This is actually the first necklace I made when I decided to start selling my jewellery as a business and not a hobby last year. I was inspired by the Mayas after watching a documentary on their civilization and art. This was made to look like a modern version of the 'bib-style' necklaces that you often see them wearing in their friezes. I made this necklace with Czech glass beads in a blue and crystal colour mix on silver plated wire. Each spiral is made with the same pattern of beads for continuity. The spirals represent the sun and are finished at each end with a tiny wired spiral for a nice polished finish. The chain is actually comprised of single and double beads hand wired together in a repeating pattern and finished with a nickel-plated lobster clasp. It took hours, but was so much fun to make. This looks great on, and I even made spiral earrings to match. It is light and swingy and so much fun to wear, but the necklace would also look good framed in a shadow-box for art with a dramatic effect!

This necklace is available for sale on the website at www.littlestudio.ca and as always with my pieces, it's affordable!

I hope you like it, there's more to come soon, so keep checking back!

Meghann

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin