Saturday, September 20, 2008

Falling For Fall Leaves

~Another Fall-Inspired Necklace~

I was inspired for this piece while on a walk with my dog. We live in a forested area and right now all the leaves are in various states of changing and falling. It is absolutely gorgeous, especially when the sun hits the canopy at just the right angle, bathing everything in golden autumnal light. Just such an occurrence happened earlier this week during my walk and even the dog seemed intrigued. The leaves all changed from yellows, reds, oranges and greens to luminescent variations of themselves. I immediately thought of this piece and knew I had to make it as soon as I got home. Unfortunately, this was at the beginning of our walk and I knew that I couldn't disappoint the dog, so we walked our walk, and then upon returning home I began to create.
I took 14karat gold filled wire, sterling silver wire, and non tarnish copper wire and formed various leaf shapes - a maple in gold, a birch in silver and an oak in copper. I then hammered each leaf to get it to lay flat and have texture. Then I suspended them from 14karat gold filled chain and added a green tree agate bead, amber nugget, and small garnet bead for added color and texture. This is a larger piece - great for the plunging neckline of an evening dress, or just a nice tank top. It is for sale on my Etsy store now, so check it out by clicking the link to the right.
Everything is still 20% off until the end of September so get it while you can!
Take care,
Meghann

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin