Thursday, October 9, 2008

Interchangeable Lamp Work Glass Earrings

~14Karat Gold Filled Wire, Gold Plate Beads, and Lamp Work Glass Beads~

In my quest for new, exciting, unique earrings, I consulted my new partner-in-crime, Louise Ingram of Fireseed. She's making a lot of the beads I am using in my new creations, and has some great ideas on what to do with them. She loves my Arrow Leaf Earrings, but thought that we could make them a bit more curved at the top so that we could slip beads on and off at will, making them truly interchangeable.
Just like my arrow leaf earrings, I hammer the bottom of the wire, but then I add a gold plate bead on the bottom, then a lamp work glass bead, and then top it off with another gold plate bead for symmetry. To change them, just slide the beads over the top and replace with another bead - too easy and beautiful! I'll be listing these shortly on my Etsy Store, so be sure to check them out there!
More to come soon! Be sure to enter my monthly blog contest!
Meghann

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I just love these! Meghann has made me a pair for my Etsy store too, I'm just not sure if they are going to make it that far!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin