Friday, February 26, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds: A Few of My Favourite Things



I have finally decided to redecorate my bedroom...well, actually, decorate my bedroom would be more accurate as we currently have a mish-mash of furniture in there that we have had for years! My dresser is still quite functional, but I've had it since I was 8 and I am sick to death of it. It will go to the Salvation Army or anyone who needs it, as will the other furniture that isn't falling apart (Brennan's "side" table is unstable at best, and if you lift it, one of the legs has a habit of trying to fall off). I am done with being super-frugal and ridiculously spend-thrift, I want our bedroom to be relaxing and cozy and us. We are going to redo it in a French style, similar to Marie Antoinette's Blue Room - though much toned down! Here are a few things that I love on Etsy that I think would add some style and grace: Top Right:Custom listing for BHILITHINN-altered frosted candle holder with roses,cameo would set the mood for relaxation. Top Center: Silver Vintage Serving Dish by vintageinmybasement would make a great place to store some jewelry or other small items to keep them dust free and organized. Top Right: 2 tier cake stand Princess by mycakestand would be a great way to hold smaller vintage jewelry boxes which I intend to start collecting (it seems appropriate doesn't it?).


Next, Left: HANDCARVED MEDIEVAL ART TILE -- TRAVERTINE FLEUR DE LYS by JolieFaireMedieval would be a nice, rustic addition to the walls, and make sure things aren't getting too 'girly' (Brennan has to live with it too, and I'd like him to like it!). Center: LE PETITE JOURNALS - FRENCH - HANDPAINTED - THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE BOOK OF YOUR CHOICE - EACH COMES WITH A LOVELY ORGANZA GIFT BAG by PaintedByRenee will be a beautiful and co-ordinated way to write my thoughts and ideas while in my lovely new bedroom. Right: Blue and White Toile Lampshade by Sassyshades would be a perfect addition to any smaller white lamp to give the room the finishing French touches.

I'll be sure to photograph the bedroom when it is all done (this is going to be a gradual, year-long project so that we don't have to use credit cards - I'm big on only spending when I have cash in my hands) so that you can see the desired effects. I'm so excited!

Please do visit these fabulous shops to see more of what they have to offer, and while you're there, why not drop them a line and tell them I sent you?

Have a great Friday,

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how it comes out because it sounds like it's going to be lovely!

    Hugs to Arwen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin