Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sweet Saturday - Some Flowers for You From My Gardens!

Come with me and take a tour of my gardens! First is a purple tulip: They get about 2-1/2 feet tall and the flowers are about 3 inches high. They don't really open, but stay fairly closed like this throughout their blooming period.
Next is my Poet's Daffodil:
They are an heirloom bulb that dates from about the 1500's! I love these, and I always look forward to having a piece of history come up in my garden each spring.
They get about 1 foot tall and the flowers are about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter.

Thanks for visiting with me, I hope you have a great Saturday! I am still working on pieces for my new jewelry collection, so please keep checking back :)

10 comments:

  1. If this is a "sneak peek", I'll bet your garden is absolutely gorgeous when it really gets going! Thank you for sharing your beautiful blooms :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are gorgeous .... love spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I love gardens - so peaceful (I'll have one soon).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, daffodils are one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! I'm a stark beginner, but these bulbs are pretty easy to grow and feel so good about :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are gorgeous flowers. I love those poet's daffodils - heirloom plants are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers Meghann! I love the color of the tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are real pretty! I wish we could grow bulbs where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I have those daffodils in my front yard. Always wondered what kind they were. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers..and your jewelry are wonderful!

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin