Friday, August 28, 2009

Fabulous Friday Features: Rose Works Jewelry!

Welcome to another great installment of the Fabulous Friday Features, where I feature a great Etsy artist each week! If you have an Etsy store and would like to be featured, or know someone who does, leave me a comment at the end of this post!

This week's featured artist is Ruthie from Rose Works Jewelry. She has a store on Etsy and also on Artfire.
~Ruthie and Her Husband on Their Wedding Day~
1. How did you get started?
I grew up doing different "crafty" things, my Mom has always been into doing craft projects, and she shared that love with me at an early age! I first started learning to make jewelry as a freshman in high school, and I slowly picked up different techniques over the years. I didn't really get passionate about it though until a couple of years ago. At that point my friends and family really started encouraging me to sell my work. I dreamed, but didn't really pursue it until I got really sick in the Winter of 2008. I found myself needing to spend hours sitting still being restful, and I slowly started to fill some of that time with bead weaving. I continue to struggle with severe health problems, and having my jewelry business has given me a new purpose in life and helped me to stay sane through it all!
~Wind Dancer~
2. What are your inspirations?
I don't even know where to start with this! I love seeing other jewelry artists work, but I'm also inspired by nature, artisans from completely different disciplines, and just about anything you can think of!
~Earth Walker~
3. What are your favorite pieces?
I really love my elements series. Here are the links to the two pieces that are unsold right now:
Wind Dancer (The first jewelry piece shown at top):

Earth Walker The second jewelry piece shown):

I'm also really proud of my piece "Set Me Free" because it was an incredibly challenging journey for me (the third jewelry piece)!
~Set Me Free~
4. Are you involved with any animal or other charitable organizations and how did that come about?
I'm currently working on making a baby blanket to donate to the local Pregnancy Resource Center (http://www.prcvancouver.org/). I used to work in a local shelter - and I'm thinking about setting up to donate a portion of my sales to them, but I don't have it quite set up yet. http://www.sheltered.org/
~Scroll Bracelet~
Thanks Ruthie, what a fabulous artist you are!

And to my Little Studio Photography and Jewellery Followers, please remember - ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF MY 20% OFF SALE!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture and gorgeous beadwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature on Ruthie! Her beadwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature- Ruthie is so talented and a super nice person. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ruthie's work and I also think she is a great person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her work....got a few items here at home :) ANd she is such a fabulous & strong person - love her - great write up on such a great artisan

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Her beading is amazing!! Way more patient than I would be! Lovely shop and wonderful feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great feature on Ruthie! An etsyblogger we all love and admire! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature on a fabulous artist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feature on a great artisan and person :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin