Monday, August 31, 2009

Melodious Monday: I Always Wanted a Horse...

~Hmmmm....This smells good...~
As a kid I rode horses and wanted one so badly - I even tried to say it would reduce my dad's grass cutting time by having it eat the grass. They said no. However, fast forward about 10 years (okay, maybe more) and hear I am, with a horse-dog.
~Oh Yeah! The perfect piece of Grass! Yummmm!~
She delights in eating grass. Oh sure, she eats it if she gets an upset stomach, but those are the long, old blades of grass. For every day eating, she prefers to walk carefully up and down the yard, hoping to find just "the right" piece of succulent fresh grass, which she will promptly devour. I find it hilarious. She finds it delicious. I should mention that I asked the vet about it, concerned that the incredibly expensive ($50+ per month!) food wasn't enough for her. The vet smiled and said no, she just likes to supplement her diet and finds it tasty and fun. I still find it hilarious.
~A Dragonfly after eating a mosquito - thanks Mr. Dragonfly!~
Here's a dragonfly resting on my deck. After one of the rainiest summers on record (I'm sorry Texas), the mosquitoes are going crazy, and that means (thank goodness!!) dragonflies!! We have thousands of them - big blue ones, little brown ones, grey ones, black ones, so many, all munching like crazy on the mosquitoes...thank you dragonflies!!

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF MY 20% OFF SALE!! GET IN HERE WHILE YOU CAN!!

and Arwen

5 comments:

  1. Lindsay loves eating grass as well, although not as much as a horse would eat.

    We are also starting to see the odd dragon fly here in the city as well. But we could do with many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend's cat is the same way with grass. Any time she gets out, she just sits there and munches on the grass...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize dragonflies eat mosquitos! Sometimes we have large swarms of them here, too. I much prefer dragonflies to mosquitos.

    Arwen makes a cute little pony. Too bad my pink pony costume is too small for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have loads of dragonflies - we're going to really appreciate them now!!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arwen is just full of surprises! She's not only cute but she helps keep the yard trimmed! Sadie only eats grass when her belly is upset but she's big enough to be a horse so maybe that counts! I didn't know that dragonflies eat mosquitos either.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin