Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday's Treasures: Are Your Cosmetics Hurting You?

I am perfect the way I am, but mommy sometimes likes to put on makeup. Imagine the shock we received when we looked at an email from a reputable source, stating that many cosmetics (including body washes, shampoos, makeups and more) are full of horrible chemicals! We knew that many of these were harmful, which is why mommy switched to more "natural" and organic" types of cosmetics, thinking that they would be better. However, even in these products we found that there were high levels of really harmful chemicals!

Here is a website to help you see if you are using some of those products, and another website to find better products:

The "Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews" website has thousands of products to check if you are using a product that may have harmful chemicals. We were shocked to find out that some of our shampoos had the highest levels of chemicals - even the designer organic ones sold at health food stores!

The "Campaign for Safe Cosmetics" website lists companies who have signed a pact to make less toxic products to keep mommies and daddies safe from these nasty (sometimes carcinogenic!) chemicals.

Sorry to get off on a rant, but I want all of you mommies and daddies (and pets too!) to be safe from these chemicals. I have told mommy and daddy in no uncertain terms that they need to fix this right away or I will be most upset. I do quite a good sad/depressed face you know, it'll break your heart and you don't want me to do that!

Have a great Tuesday!

Also, please do give my mom tips on how to make you happier on the blogs and her stores. You may win a ring from her Etsy store! See HERE for details. You are very important to us!

Are you getting the inside scoop? Sign up for our once monthly newsletter and get subscriber only deals and advance notice on sales and specials!

and Arwen

5 comments:

  1. That is a very interesting site - thank you for showing it to us, Arwen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You just never know what goes into some products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me extra glad I don't wear makeup...although my mother would disagree...what is it with moms? Glad I have boys :)

    Most of my soaps, shampoos & such are handmade & all natural...but gonna check these places out for everyone else's stuff...thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arwen, I just LOVE that picture of you! And thanks so much for those links - I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me glad that I almost never wear makeup! :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin