Friday, July 31, 2009

Fabulous Friday Feature: Memories for Life Scrapbooks!

Welcome to the next installment of the Fabulous Friday Features, where I feature a different Etsy artist each week! If you know of a great Etsy artist who should be featured (or if you want to be featured yourself!) please leave a comment with a way to contact you (Etsy store, email address, blog site, etc.).

This week's artist is Edi, from Memories for Life Scrapbooks, a very talented and creative woman with lots to share. Read on to find out more :)

1. What kind of art do you do? Where do you sell?
I am a paper crafter and make all different kinds of scrapbooks, greeting cards, wedding invitations, etc. My most popular items are my Custom Name and Word Albums and they can be found in my online stores on Etsy: http://memoriesforlifesb.etsy.com
and on Artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/MemoriesForLifeScrapbooks
and at local craft shows throughout the year.
~Edi and Her Boyfriend of 9-1/2 Years~

2. How did you get started doing your art?
I owe my craftiness to my aunt and 4-H. My aunt was my leader and each month we had a different project scheduled. The first time I started creating with paper...I was hooked! I started making handmade greeting cards with stamps and then moved into scrapbooking! I love everything about paper crafting :)

~Her Adorable Kitties, Blue and Chevy~

3. What are your inspirations?
I get color combo inspirations from all around me. I get design ideas from scrapbook magazines as well as advertisements. Even junk mail gives me ideas for folding techniques! Inspirations is all around us...you just have to look!

~Edi's Handsome Dog, Harley~

4. What are your current favorite pieces?
My Custom Name and Word Albums are by far my most popular item in my shop. And my Flip Flop Albums are my most creative - I have over 50 pairs of flip flops waiting to be made into albums!


5. Are you involved with any animal or other charitable organizations? How did that come about?
All of our kitties have been saved from farms that have too many cats and our next dog will come from a shelter or a family looking to give their pet to a good home :)
I also participate in the local Red Cross Craft Fair each year and donate items for their door prizes and auction.


6. Are you having any specials/sales or anything else you'd like to mention?
I am involved in a Christmas in July Sale with my fellow EtsyBloggers Team. I am offering an early bird special: 10% off all custom albums ordered for Christmas gifts. These are ONLY for custom albums that will be shipped in December: it's a way to give people a discount and give me a head start on getting Christmas albums done :)
This sale is only supposed to run until July 31, but for Little Studio Photography and Jewellery Blog readers (and Fibro Diaries blog readers) I will extend the sale until August 8th...just put "LittleStudioSale" in the Notes to Seller during checkout and wait for a revised invoice :)


Wow, how fantastic! Thank You Edi! What a great artist and what a great special sale!! Please visit her shop to see more delightful items and get one of your very own :)

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER MY CONTEST!! Sign up for my newsletter to try and win a pair of magnificent earrings from my NeoAmour Marie Antoinette collection (You have to sign up for the newsletter first to be eligible to win!!), see the full contest details here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature :) You did a great job!

    And stop by my blog today for a special surprise as well :)http://memoriesforlifescrapbooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/new-obsession.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous feature on Edi! I have one of her albums and can say they are wonderful and such high quality! Gotta love her kitties and little Harley too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flip flop albums are terrific--thanks for posting and sharing, I've got something new to put on my gift list now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I could help you all out :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin