Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday's Treasures: Protecting What's Valuable

~My VestHarness from the Front, Showing Chest Protection~

Hello, it is me again, Arwen the wonder-dog! I am sorry I didn't post yesterday, but we went shopping and were pretty pooped by the time we got back home from GrandMonna's and GrandDadoo's. We had a great time there and want to thank them for having us!

Yesterday we went to two different pet stores in search of boots and a raincoat for me, but every time we found boots, they were $50 and we never even found my size! The raincoats were also around $50, and mommy and I agreed that if we are going to spend that kind of money, we would like to support an Etsy artisan, not a big faceless corporation. If you know of a reputable store on Etsy that sells dog boots and jackets for medium sized dogs, please let us know in the comments section :)
~My VestHarness from the Side, Showing Rear Clips and the Seat Belt Loop~

Thanks to GrandDadoo (he drove), we went to a nice small pet store that was individually owned and we were able to find me a new seat belt! This is called a VestHarness and I like the color, though it does clash with my current collar. Mommy is VERY happy about this new vest as I had outgrown the seat belt I had worn since I was a puppy and both mommy and daddy were very scared of taking me in the car for rides...what if we were in an accident and I got hurt? Mommy said she would never get over that, so now I can safely go on rides (and look fantastic, rooh rooh!).
~My VestHarness from the Rear, Showing Seat Belt Loop and Leash D-Ring~

Another great feature of this harness is that it not only has a nice generous seat belt loop, allowing me to comfortably and safely lie down in the car, is the D-ring which will allow mommy to walk me in the harness instead of my collar! She thinks this may help with my pulling, but, come on, I AM part husky after all, pulling is my job! Still, I think it may be fun to get to walk with a different thing on me, and the VestHarness says it is also a chest protector, so that may be fun to try out! I don't know what I could do that would possibly need a chest protector, but I am sure I can find a way, rah rooh!

Mommy says she has helped to protect what is truly valuable to her, and I have to agree: being a great dog is quite a bit of work and I want to be able to do it for a long time. Now, off to catch that fly that is buzzing around the house....See you soon!

Mommy says to remind you that time is running out!! Sign up for my newsletter to try and win a pair of magnificent earrings from my NeoAmour Marie Antoinette collection (You have to sign up for the newsletter first to be eligible to win!!), see the full contest details here.
and Arwen

6 comments:

  1. try http://www.artfire.com/users/SpoiledBratzwear :D

    she has a shop on etsy, too, but i forget what it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute :) Glad you found something to help keep Arwen safe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arwen, you look pretty in pink! I am glad you have a harness that keeps you safe AND stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arwen, your pink vest looks very good on you and it's great that it'll keep you safe in the car too! As for the chest protector, now you can investigate through tall weeds on your walks and not get your chest furs dirty! Hope you find some boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute vest! Pink looks good on you - definitely your color! couldn't get my dog in the vehicle if we drugged her. Just as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin