Sunday, July 19, 2009

Soulful Sunday: A Whole Bunch of Blessings

~My Own Personal Rainbow, Shared with You!~

I was thinking about blessings yesterday. About how blessed I am to be able to do the things I do, enjoy the things I enjoy, and meet the people I meet. It then started to rain. Hard. Very hard. Each drop sounded like a rock hitting the ground, windows, chimney and I had to rush to close the windows to avoid getting rain in my house. I closed the window and as I turned to sit back down, I was blinded by sunlight. Bright, beautiful sunlight in the middle of a very heavy rainstorm.

I turned to look out my back door and there it was: a rainbow about 30 feet wide and 20 feet tall in my backyard! Talk about blessings! I took about 10 photos, but trying not to get my camera wet in the rain is very difficult and this was the only one that turned out.
No, I did not look for gold - the rainbow ended on a big rock, and I did not fancy straining my back trying to pull bedrock out of the ground :-)

All this was to say how blessed I am, how blessed you are. Sometimes it is the smallest thing - a rainbow, a smile, a positive word, a wagging tail. We are all so blessed, and very few places is this more obvious than in the Blogosphere.

**I must take a moment here to apologize for being so behind on my blog-visiting. I have been busy and ill and sometimes that cuts into my blog visiting time. Rest assured, I love you all and will get back into my routine as soon as possible :-)**

I am so blessed to have all of you visiting and commenting. Even if I don't always respond, I read every comment and cherish it. I must say Thank You! to everyone who does. I really appreciate it, you make me feel so blessed to have so many blogging friends!

Take a moment today and think about how blessed you are. Do you have a spouse/partner/child who loves you? A dog/cat/hamster who loves you? Friends who say positive things? A roof over your head? A hobby to keep you entertained on rainy days?

You are very blessed indeed and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for blessing me today!

Time is Running out!! Sign up for my newsletter to try and win a pair of magnificent earrings from my NeoAmour Marie Antoinette collection (You have to sign up for the newsletter first to be eligible to win!!), see the full contest details here.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and such a gorgeous rainbow; right in your backyard no less! I do not mind telling you that I certainly count your friendship among my many blessings girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows are a nice reminder that the world is beautiful :) Even through the rain...there is beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Meghann! Such a beautiful rainbow and a reminder that blessings are everywhere! I'm certainly blessed to have met wonderful blogging friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I've blogged quite a bit about blessings lately too. Seems like, the more you look for them, the more you see! Just like your beautiful rainbow.

    Thanks for sharing this! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. even when I'm feeling down, and things aren't working out right, I can take a deep breath and remember that I am blessed with a job I enjoy and people (and animals) who love me, and I love back. A good reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! I love rainbows. Don't think we've ever had one in our yard, but we have had them land on the neighbors yard a time or two.
    Thanks so much for reminding us how blessed we are. Sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to reflect on what/who we have.
    Hope you have a wonderful week, and are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have your very own beautiful rainbow! Thank you for reminding us to count our blessings each and every day whather there be sun or rain.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin