Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Giving Back and the New Charity of the Month


In these tough economic times, I really find I am grateful for the little things: I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and, though I don't make a lot of money in my business, I am able to give back to my community by donating a portion of all my sales to charities. This month I was able to symbolically adopt a polar bear with the help of the National Wildlife Federation. I don't actually own a polar bear, but the money donated goes to help preserve their habitat and increase awareness of their plight.
I mean this when I say, from the bottom of my heart, I Thank You for your purchases. You are helping to make a difference in the lives of people and animals everywhere! Plus, you get nice stuff - everyone wins!
The next Charity of the Month is the Arthritis Society in Canada. They help people with arthritis, as well as people like myself, with Fibromyalgia. 10% of the total sales before taxes and shipping in February (of regular items not associated with other charities) will be donated to this charity.
Animal lovers, never fear! In my Charity Promo Items Section of my Etsy store I have many items that donate to animal welfare charities.
Here's hoping this month is as great as the last - I have lots of new jewellery and photography items, so please keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. Great charity and thanks for helping the polar bears! I hope you raise lots this month too for your current charity!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin